BRING YOUR IDEAS TO LIFE.
Today’s most effective designs have both beauty and brains, with aesthetic appeal driven by a keen understanding of its audience’s needs. The Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design + Interactive Media is designed to provide you with the skills you need to develop effective graphic designs, and web interfaces.
Through our graphic design program, you’ll be exposed to graphic design techniques to create impactful work for clients while gaining the technical and development skills crucial to today’s employers.
Complementary to solid principles of design, you can add a specialization to your skill with advanced courses. Choose from graphic design, interactive media or digital marketing, experiential design, front-end web development and more. You’ll work side-by-side with design professionals on advanced client projects. Students of this program can graduate with cohesive, specialized, and industry-ready portfolios.
CHOOSE TO EARN YOUR DEGREE ONLINE
Our Graphic Design + Interactive Media Degree is also available 100% online. You can benefit from the same unique and effective curriculum but work towards your degree on a schedule that best fits your lifestyle.
TRIBECA’S GRAPHIC DESIGN + INTERACTIVE MEDIA PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?Are you the type of person who:
- Has a strong attention to detail, and sense of color, texture and composition?
- Sees creative opportunities everywhere you look? If you think about how you would design the ad campaign, website or experience differently—now’s your chance.
- Dreams about a future designing for print, packaging, web and mobile, or digital motion graphics?
- Is eager to jump into the design process and learn by doing in a collaborative, team setting?
- Communicates well with others, and can adapt different perspectives to help creatively solve old problems in new and interesting ways?
- Is looking to develop advanced skills in design?
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Web Content Specialist
- Front-End Web Developer
- UI/UX Designer
For more information about this graphic design program’s graduation rate, median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here for this program’s gainful employment disclosure.
What You Can Learn
Students in this graphic design program will be exposed to the foundations of graphic design, plus advanced preparation in a broad range of areas. This program covers:
- Foundations of graphic design for print and digital applications
- Immersive design, motion graphics and active media
- Professional graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML and CSS
- Web content management and how to implement content management systems
- Brand management process from analysis through conception to execution and evaluation.
- Advanced front-end web design for mobile application, e-commerce and user interface/user experience (UI/UX)
- Computer Technology
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Web Development I
- Interactive Media Development
- Web Development II
- Design Process
- Color Theory
- Introduction to Drawing
- Digital Illustration
- Graphic Design I
- Graphic Design II
- Graphic Design III
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- See Catalog for Electives
- Web Development III
- UI/UX I
- UI/UX II
- Graphic Design IV
- Senior Portfolio
- Graphic Design and Interactive Media
- World Cultures
- Western Civilization
- Art History
- Language, Symbols, and Society
- The Hero’s Journey
- General Math
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Astronomy
- The Biology of Humans
- Introduction to Sociology
- Oral Communication
- Digital Image Manipulation
- Flashpoint Studios
Tribeca Flashpoint College Critical Studies Program aims to educate students in the art and science of communications and the diverse media of contemporary storytelling within an exploration of the liberal arts. Our rigorous course of study and practice prepares graduates to be analytical thinkers and effective communicators who are creative, knowledgeable, and responsible contributors to advancing a curious, thoughtful, and compassionate global community. Tribeca Flashpoint College strives to assess student learning and achievement to the core competencies of critical studies that are intended to capture the broad spirit of a well-rounded liberal arts education. Learn more about our Critical Studies Department here.
WHY TRIBECA FLASHPOINT IS THE BEST FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN + INTERACTIVE MEDIA
Project-based curriculum. At Tribeca, you get immersed from day one. Classes are designed to put you to work collaboratively in teams on real-world projects. You’ll have opportunities to build your confidence, skills and a professional portfolio to help launch your career.
Cross-disciplinary experience. Unlike traditional graphic design schools, Tribeca joins students from different programs in a capstone course each year to work on a project alongside those who are fulfilling the various roles in the marketing and creative process. This reflects the on-the-job reality that may become your career, and starts here in your first year.
High-tech campus. The Tribeca campus is loaded with world-class environments and equipment. Featuring a professional screening room, film and recording studios, sound design suites, visual effects labs and more—this is the place to get prepared for your career.
Practicing professionals as your instructors. Faculty at Tribeca don’t just teach—they mentor. In our focused, personalized environment you’ll get maximum attention and support from instructors who know you, and will guide every step of your education.
Deep industry connections. With the endorsements and support of some of the industry’s top players, Tribeca offers incredible opportunities to meet your future employer through career services workshops, speaker events, portfolio shows and more.
Support every step of the way. With financial aid options for those who qualify, seamless transfer credit assistance, academic support workshops, and so much more—the Tribeca community has a deep commitment to the success of every student from the first day of class to graduation and beyond.