BRING YOUR IDEAS TO LIFE.
Today’s most effective designs have both beauty and brains, with aesthetic appeal driven by a keen understanding of its audience’s needs. The Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design + Interactive Media is designed to provide you with the skills you need to develop effective graphic designs, web interfaces, and applications.
Through our graphic design program, you’ll be exposed to graphic design techniques to create impactful work for clients while gaining the technical and development skills crucial to today’s employers.
Complimentary to solid principles of design, you can add a specialization to your skill with advanced courses. Choose from visual effects, 3D modeling with Maya, experiential design, front-end web development and more. You’ll work side-by-side with design professionals on advanced client projects. Students of this program can graduate with cohesive, specialized, and industry-ready portfolios.
TRIBECA’S GRAPHIC DESIGN + INTERACTIVE MEDIA PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?Are you the type of person who:
- Has a strong attention to detail, and sense of color, texture and composition?
- Sees creative opportunities everywhere you look? If you think about how you would design the ad campaign, website or experience differently—now’s your chance.
- Dreams about a future designing for print, packaging, web and mobile, or digital motion graphics?
- Is eager to jump into the design process and learn by doing in a collaborative, team setting?
- Communicates well with others, and can adapt different perspectives to help creatively solve old problems in new and interesting ways?
- Is looking to develop advanced skills in design?
Your Graphic Design + Interactive Media degree can help prepare you for professional roles such as:
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Web Content Specialist
- Front-End Web Developer
- UI/UX Designer
For more information about this graphic design program’s graduation rate, median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here for this program’s gainful employment disclosure.
What You Can Learn
Students in this graphic design program will be exposed to the foundations of graphic design, plus advanced preparation in a broad range of areas. This program covers:
- Foundations of graphic design for print and digital applications
- Immersive design, motion graphics and active media
- Professional graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Web content management and how to implement content management systems
- Brand management process from analysis through conception to execution and evaluation.
- Advanced front-end web design for mobile application, e-commerce and user interface/user experience (UI/UX)
- Computer Technology
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Web Development I
- Interactive Media Development
- Web Development II
- Design Process
- Color Theory
- Introduction to Drawing
- Digital Illustration
- Graphic Design I
- Graphic Design II
- Graphic Design III
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- See Catalog for Electives
- Web Development III
- UI/UX I
- UI/UX II
- Graphic Design IV
- Senior Portfolio
- Graphic Design and Interactive Media
- World Cultures
- Western Civilization
- Art History
- Language, Symbols, and Society
- The Hero’s Journey
- General Math
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Astronomy
- The Biology of Humans
- Introduction to Sociology
- Oral Communication
- Digital Image Manipulation
- Flashpoint Studios
In this program, you’ll also participate in general education courses offered through our Core Studies department, designed to complement and enhance discipline courses. Our Core Studies curriculum is designed to give students a foundation of knowledge and skills that will enable them to excel in their chosen disciplines and become well-rounded, lifelong learners. Learn more about our Core Studies Department here.
Select general education courses are available online and on campus.
WHY TRIBECA FLASHPOINT IS THE BEST FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN + INTERACTIVE MEDIA
Project-based curriculum. Classes are designed to put you to work collaboratively in teams on real-world projects. You’ll be recording, editing and mixing audio, and learning post-production techniques for commercials, films and video games. All while you build your confidence and a professional portfolio.
Cross-disciplinary experience. Unlike traditional audio engineering schools, Tribeca joins students from different programs in a capstone course each year to work on a project alongside those who are fulfilling the various roles in the marketing and creative process. This reflects the on-the-job reality that may become your career, and starts here in your first year.
High-tech campus. The Tribeca campus is loaded with world-class environments and equipment. Featuring a professional screening room, film and recording studios, sound design suites, visual effects labs and more—this is the place to get prepared for your career.
Practicing professionals as your instructors. Faculty at Tribeca don’t just teach—they mentor. In our focused, personalized environment you’ll get maximum attention and support from instructors who know you, and will guide every step of your education.
Deep industry connections. With the endorsements and support of some of the industry’s top players, Tribeca offers incredible opportunities to meet your future employer through career services workshops, speaker events, portfolio shows and more.
Support every step of the way. With financial aid options for those who qualify, seamless transfer credit assistance, academic support workshops, and so much more—the Tribeca community has a deep commitment to the success of every student from the first day of class to graduation and beyond.