IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS.
It all comes down to this: post-production is where all the details about sequence, flow and visual style come together into a polished film or video. Every aspect of the film is molded and refined into its final form during the post-production process before it meets the audience.
If you are ready to become immersed in the fundamentals of filmmaking and want to build an in-depth understanding of visual and audio post-production, this program provides a comprehensive foundation for your career.
The Bachelor of Arts in Post-Production introduces you to a broad range of filmmaking foundations and then gives you an in depth education in post-production. You’ll move beyond theory into advanced editing, sound design, location audio, and more.
IS TRIBECA’S POST-PRODUCTION PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?Are you the type of person who:
- Wants to do video editing, color correcting, audio editing or sound design for a living?
- Is inspired by the idea of collaborating with others to tell creative stories with visual images and sound?
- Might be interested in working freelance or at a post-production facility—and wants to be prepared to start working immediately in the field after graduation?
- Has a love of film or the filmmaking process, and wants to enhance and strengthen your skills in post-production?
- Is ready to dive in and start learning by doing in the studio, behind the camera and in the editing suite?
- In-house Editor
- Freelance Editor
- Post-Production Supervisor
- Sound Designer
- Sound Editor
For more information about this post-production degree graduation rate, median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here for this program’s gainful employment disclosure.
What You Can Learn
In Tribeca Flashpoint’s Post-Production degree program, you can build finely tuned expertise in film editing, sound design for film, and more on top of a broad-based film production skillset. Below are just some of the topics covered in the Post-Production major at Tribeca Flashpoint.
- Advanced editing platforms
- Advanced production and post-production, sound design, and location audio
- Digital distribution
- Elective learning options in motion graphics, producing, directing, screenwriting, film aesthetics, documentary filmmaking, and the fundamentals of sound and vision
- Computer Technology
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Writing and Producing for New Media
- Production Module I
- Documentary Theory and Production
- Business of Film
- Production Module II
- Flashpoint Studios
- Portfolio Development
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- See Catalog for Electives
- Breaking into the Business
- Advanced Topics: Film Production
- Advanced Topics: Film Technologies
- Post-Production: Avid Media Composer
- World Cultures
- Western Civilization
- Art History
- Language, Symbols, and Society
- The Hero’s Journey
- General Math
- After Effects
- Location Audio
- Advanced Editing
- Sound Design for Visual Media I
- Introduction to Psychology
- Sound Design for Visual Media II
- Introduction to Astronomy
- The Biology of Humans
- Introduction to Sociology
- Oral Communication
In this program, you’ll also participate in liberal arts courses offered through our General Education department. By tailoring these courses around the five core competencies (written and oral communication, information literacy, critical thinking and quantitative reasoning) students are given a foundation of knowledge and skills that will enable them to be successful college students, well-rounded, lifelong learners, and professionals in the media arts. Learn more about our General Education Department here.
WHY TRIBECA FLASHPOINT IS THE BEST FOR POST-PRODUCTION?
Project-based curriculum. Classes are designed to put you to work collaboratively in teams on real-world projects. You’ll be recording, editing and mixing audio, and learning post-production techniques for commercials, films and video games. All while you build your confidence and a professional portfolio.
Cross-disciplinary experience. Unlike traditional film schools, Tribeca joins students from different programs in a capstone course each year to work on a project alongside those who are fulfilling the various roles in the marketing and creative process. This reflects the on-the-job reality that may become your career, and starts here in your first year.
High-tech campus. The Tribeca campus is loaded with world-class environments and equipment. Featuring a professional screening room, film and recording studios, sound design suites, visual effects labs and more—this is the place to get prepared for your career.
Practicing professionals as your instructors. Faculty at Tribeca don’t just teach—they mentor. In our focused, personalized environment you’ll get maximum attention and support from instructors who know you, and will guide every step of your education.
Deep industry connections. With the endorsements and support of some of the industry’s top players, Tribeca offers incredible opportunities to meet your future employer through career services workshops, speaker events, portfolio shows and more.
Support every step of the way. With financial aid options for those who qualify, seamless transfer credit assistance, academic support workshops, and so much more—the Tribeca community has a deep commitment to the success of every student from the first day of class to graduation and beyond.