THERE IS NO LONGER A GREAT DIVIDE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL MARKETING — IT’S JUST MARKETING.
Today’s successful marketers need to understand strategy and content creation for all channels, and how to integrate the message consistently at every point of customer engagement.
The Bachelor of Science in Digital Media with a Digital Marketing Major will introduce you to a broad range of marketing channels. You will have the opportunity to dive into research, design, storytelling, entrepreneurship, media and motion, and production. You’ll not only create content, but learn what it takes to bring it to life across the spectrum of experiences, both online and offline. As you move forward in your studies, you’ll develop specialized skills in digital marketing, web development, search engine optimization, online analytics, advertising and more.
IS TRIBECA’S DIGITAL MARKETING PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?Are you the type of person who:
- Wants to be prepared for a range of digital marketing careers at any size company or agency—from Fortune 500 to small enterprise, or even your own business?
- Wants to understand all sides of digital marketing? Not just theory, but also becoming absorbed in how to build websites, video productions and mobile user experiences?
- Desires a marketing program that puts you at the center of real-world projects starting with your very first class?
- Is a critical thinker and problem solver? Digital marketing is a dynamic field that requires you to make strategic recommendations for your clients using a multitude of cross-channel tactics.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit? Tribeca features a unique emphasis on helping prepare students to start their own businesses, or to bring the skill set of an entrepreneur into a company to maximize career potential.
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Social Insights Analyst
- Web Analyst
- User Experience Designer
- Community Manager
- Digital Media Buyer/Planner
- eCommerce Manager
- SEO/SEM Specialist
- Mobile Marketing Manager
For more information about this program’s graduation rate, median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here for this program’s gainful employment disclosure.
What You Can Learn
In this comprehensive program, you’ll learn the time-honored principles of marketing alongside the latest tools and trends that drive digital advertising in the 21st century:
- Traditional marketing, including consumer behavior and integrated marketing
- Web and mobile development
- Digital marketing fundamentals including search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM)
- Pay-per-click and online display advertising
- Social media marketing
- Real-time testing, analytics, and optimization
- Computer Technology
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Introduction to Web Development
- Introduction to Search Optimization
- Statistical Thinking and Data Analysis
- Introduction to Market Research 3
- Introduction to Mobile and the
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- Launching a Business
- Paid, Owned and Earned Advertising
- Content Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Portfolio
- Design Thinking and User Experience
- Entrepreneurship in Action I
- Entrepreneurship in Action II
- Marketing Management
- Social Community Management and
- Social Community Management and
- Data Science
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Introduction to Media and Motion
- First Year Experience
- World Cultures
- Western Civilization
- Art History
- Language, Symbols, and Society
- The Hero’s Journey
- General Math
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Astronomy
- The Biology of Humans
- Introduction to Sociology
- Oral Communication
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- See Catalog for Electives
In this program, you’ll also participate in liberal arts courses offered through our General Education department. By tailoring these courses around the five core competencies (written and oral communication, information literacy, critical thinking and quantitative reasoning) students are given a foundation of knowledge and skills that will enable them to be successful college students, well-rounded, lifelong learners, and professionals in the media arts. Learn more about our General Education Department here.
WHY TRIBECA FLASHPOINT IS THE BEST FOR DIGITAL MARKETING
Project-based curriculum. Classes are designed to put you to work collaboratively in teams on real-world projects. You’ll be recording, editing and mixing audio, and learning post-production techniques for commercials, films and video games. All while you build your confidence and a professional portfolio.
Cross-disciplinary experience. Unlike traditional audio engineering schools, Tribeca joins students from different programs in a capstone course each year to work on a project alongside those who are fulfilling the various roles in the marketing and creative process. This reflects the on-the-job reality that may become your career, and starts here in your first year.
High-tech campus. The Tribeca campus is loaded with world-class environments and equipment. Featuring a professional screening room, film and recording studios, sound design suites, visual effects labs and more—this is the place to get prepared for your career.
Practicing professionals as your instructors. Faculty at Tribeca don’t just teach—they mentor. In our focused, personalized environment you’ll get maximum attention and support from instructors who know you, and will guide every step of your education.
Deep industry connections. With the endorsements and support of some of the industry’s top players, Tribeca offers incredible opportunities to meet your future employer through career services workshops, speaker events, portfolio shows and more.
Support every step of the way. With financial aid options for those who qualify, seamless transfer credit assistance, academic support workshops, and so much more—the Tribeca community has a deep commitment to the success of every student from the first day of class to graduation and beyond.