Tribeca Flashpoint College students are held to the same behavior and conduct standards throughout the school. Please refer to the Tribeca Flashpoint Student Bulletin’s “standards of conduct” section for further details.
Cell phone usage is at the discretion of the librarian on duty and is prohibited when usage impedes the work of other students.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Food and Beverages are not allowed in the Info Commons.
PATRON RECORD CONFIDENTIALITY
Tribeca Flashpoint College maintains the privacy of patron circulation records. Requests for research or reference consultations are also confidential. Paper and electronic records containing information about patrons is kept to the minimum needed to maintain library workflows. Information about patron records will be released to authorities only when required by law.
Tribeca Flashpoint’s Info Commons adheres to the internet usage policy in effect for the College. Please refer to the Tribeca Flashpoint Student Bulletin’s “Acceptable Use of Computers, Email, Internet” for further details.
Tribeca Flashpoint’s Info Commons adheres to the accessibility policy in effect for the Academy. Please refer to the Tribeca Flashpoint Student Bulletin’s “Non-Discrimination Policy” for further details.
The Tribeca Flashpoint library collection supports and extends the learning of students in the media arts. The collection’s focus is on titles that support exploration of Animation & Visual Effects, Film & Broadcast, Game & Interactive Media, and Recording Arts. These core subject areas are supplemented by titles that further extend core skills in subjects such as mathematics and data, the humanities, and writing and storytelling.
All Tribeca Flashpoint community members may recommend new library resources. Librarians make final decisions about what will be added to the library collection, guided by overall consideration of collection priorities and recommendations from collection development committee members drawn from each program.
Tribeca Flashpoint uses the Library of Congress classification and shelving system. The bulk of the print collection is shelved in call number order, while magazines, newspapers, and DVDs are shelved alphabetically. All new titles are added to the library’s online catalog, http://libcat.tribecaflashpoint.edu.
All members of the Tribeca Flashpoint community are encouraged to use library services and resources. Current students, faculty, and staff may check out library materials. The default circulation period is three weeks. Required course materials are held on reserve for use within the Info Commons and do not circulate. Borrowed library materials are renewed at the discretion of library staff. Overdue fees are not currently charged, but borrowers will incur replacement fees and penalties for lost or damaged books.
Tribeca Flashpoint’s Info Commons offers an array of state-of-the-art library services to the College community (both on-campus and remote patrons) such as individual research consultations and services, in-class and individual bibliographic instruction, on-demand reader’s advisory and interlibrary loan services, and citation assistance.
- Introduction to library services sessions for new students.
- Research “challenge” in comp 1 classes to introduce students to library catalog, LexisNexis Academic, specialized information sources, and basic and advanced search techniques.
- Individual research consultations – assistance in locating, vetting, citing sources.
- Ongoing training and assistance in new information services as needed.
- Individual orientations for all faculty members- introduction to the collection, the online catalog, LexisNexis Academic, and interlibrary loan services.
- Topical presentations at full faculty meetings.
- In-class instructional sessions tailored to course needs upon request.
- Collection development committee- faculty members from each department guide new acquisitions.
- Help determining rights clearance for course readings, ensuring copyright compliance
- New course readings search and advisory.
To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com,call 312.506.0645, or drop by room 527.